Review: Curél's Hand Cream Soothes Seriously Dry Winter Skin - Real Simple

Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.

Cozy sweaters, crackling fireplaces, and holidays that bring people together are some of the best parts of wintertime. The dry skin that cold weather brings along with it is one of the worst. Growing up in the desert and now living in the northeast, I'm no stranger to cracked, dry hands during the winter months. I've tried countless lotions and creams, but my current favorite has them all beat. 

Curél released its Extreme Dry Hand Relief hand cream last year, and once I got my hands on a sample (pardon the pun), I couldn't get enough of it. A small dollop of the lotion goes a long way and quickly absorbs into the skin. But what's most impressive to me is that it doesn't leave behind an oily residue on your hands once it's properly rubbed in. That way, you can get back to whatever you were doing without waiting for your hands to dry.

Dermatologist-tested, the hand cream immediately soothes dry, cracked skin, and provides lasting softness when used regularly. It even keeps hands moisturized after multiple hand washes. That's because it includes ingredients like hydrating glycerin, vitamin-rich almond oil, and moisturizing coconut oil. The formula is also packed with eucalyptus extract, which helps create a barrier on the skin to keep moisture in and prevent dryness.

Hundreds of Amazon shoppers agree that it's one of the best hand lotions, especially for those who frequently wash their hands (which, during a global pandemic, is most of us).

According to a nurse who uses hand sanitizer and washes their hands about "10000x per shift," this cream does the trick. "It felt moisturizing as soon as I put it on, it doesn't leave an oily feeling/residue, and the best part is that it truly lasts through several hand washes."

Even people with eczema have found relief thanks to Curél's hand cream. "My hands were very dry and cracked, and within a few days after using this, they were renewed," explained one reviewer. "I've dealt with eczema on my hands for a long time, and this is the best I've seen or felt them in a long time."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog